Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Studio Project Update- Office Space

The current (and final) studio project for this year happens to be one where we are designing a space for an advertising agency.  We get to come up with the client and I've chosen to name my ad agency that I'm designing for Sunny- Malone.  Can anyone guess where that name comes from?  I'll never tellll....

Anyhoo...the space is shaping up nicely and we recently had a critique where some industry professionals came in (architects and designers) to give us some feedback.  That was really helpful because usually we don't get feedback until the very end and at that point we all have the best of intentions in going back and improving our projects, but we have already moved on to the next endeavor or class.  This gives us the opportunity to tweak some of the space planning and conceptual framework before the final due date (May 10.)

I wanted to share just some of the ideas I've been toying with.  I got to thinking about advertising agencies and how they are similar to designers in that there is a huge brainstorming and conceptual part of their work in the beginning of any project.  With that, my biology roots got me thinking of how the brain works when ideas are firing and how the network of neurons are set up in a way to respond to one another.  The concept of network fit in nicely with this project- it can be broadened into thinking of social networks, computer networks, etc.



I still have ALOT of work to do to bring in my concept to the workspace.  We were given an existing space and floor plan and a program (guidelines for what spaces and accomodations the client may need).  Here is what I've been working on:






It's the final push.  I'm stressing out bigtime.  Doesn't help that my internship situation is still unresolved. EEK.

1 comment: