Monday, April 11, 2011

It's like finding your Easter basket!

Every once in a while our studio professor from last semester will walk through our space, commenting on our work and asking questions.  Oh yeah, and not just any questions- questions that you can't ignore that point out things about your work you should be thinking about or need to change to make it better.  It's a good thing.  Although, I've noticed sometimes people avert eye contact nowadays in order to avoid the possibility of a complete change-up to what they are working on.  I admit, I may have done that once or twice...
Something else he does is he will leave you little presents.  Notes about your work, questions about your work, and sometimes drawings that make you think about your work.  The other day I left my watercolor out (seen here) and I came in to find something else...


My watercolor:

A piece of trace paper with his "notes" to help improve my watercolor:


I know, it's like finding a present at your desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment