Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A New Understanding

A little thought about school:


I feel so thankful that my choice to leave my job and pursue my love for design has turned out to be such an amazing and inspiring experience. I constantly remind myself that even on the hard days when I have not slept and my mind is racing from the coffee; I love what I am doing. Because of this acknowledgement, I try to pour myself into learning- soaking it all in and working as diligently, respectfully and intelligently as I can. I try to take advantage of as many of the opportunities presented, such as Modern Richmond, research opportunities and ASID. I can only hope this is also apparent through my work ethic.


This experience so far has opened my eyes in a way that is truly indescribable (although I will attempt to put it into words.)

I used to think in a different way.

I used to see things in black and white. Now, there is a whole world of grey. Grey is the space where there are possibilities beyond the apparent- in building, concepts, and exploration- that I did not know about before this program.

I used to turn my brain off when I got home. Now, I can’t turn it off and the beautiful revelation is that I don’t want to. I love the challenge of problem-solving in the design world. I love that this will be my career!

No comments:

Post a Comment