Friday, June 17, 2011

Shopping in Portland (correction- Window Shopping)

Somewhere in between the tours and the meals where I gorged myself, I made some room to do a little window shopping.  I stumbled across a store that focuses on modern furniture (straight out of my History class- shout out to Julie Wolfe!)


I think lighting might be one of the most influential changes (besides paint) that you can make to a room.  These are some beautiful fixtures- I'm digging the hanging chandelier.


If you don't already know this about me, I like green.  Maybe a little too much, actually. 


I love the historical timeline the store paired with the display of chairs.


Ah, Barcelona chair, you are pretty.


Stumbling upon the store was great, but I sure as heck couldn't afford anything on my student budget.  The one thing I did purchase in Portland (besides the aforementioned food), was this book I picked up at Powell's.  It turned out to be the best purchase I could have made for both my personal interest as well as the research I was doing for school.  I highly recommend it if you ever find yourself in Portland!


That about concludes the shopping I was able to fit into my trip.  I have a couple more Portland posts to make- Portland week is turning into Portland 3 weeks.

So, there were only 2 posts this week.  I have been crazy busy.  I'm talking running-on-coffee-hair-standing-straight-up-circles-under-the-eyes-busy.  I run from one place to the next to the next.  I purposefully packed my summer full of activities and work, but I may need to ease up- if only to do more blogging!  On a side note, I am really enjoying my internships and learning alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment