Sunday, June 5, 2011

Portland Week

It's Portland week!  I'm back from my trip out West and I am so pleased with how much I was able to fit into the 4 days I was there.  I have to say Portland has the feel of a town, but all the goods of a big city.  From some of the best renovated buildings I've seen to the most beautiful landscape, Portland has alot to offer.  I was able to get some work done too ;)

I will use this week to focus on my trip and bring you some of the goodies I experienced while I was there.  Buildings, student work, some of my sketches and some great photographs will fill the long-neglected blog this week- so STAY TUNED!  Part of me wishes this was a food blog because I think I gained about ten pounds while I was out there...if so, it was well worth it.

Big thanks to my cousin and his wife (she would also like to be called my cousin, or cuz as she prefers...) for hosting me and showing me as much as they could in such a small time slot.  Their house and it's story alone was certainly worth the trip.  Much love!

So, please keep checking this week and hopefully SEED. will not disappoint.  The trip was intended for school research (which did happen), but ended up being much more including but not limited to 2 new furry friends, a free ticket to a $70 show, some sore muscles, a showing at the local theater of a 25 day rafting trip down the grand canyon and its survivors (they all survived, don't worry), some chicken liver pate and finally, I might be famous. 

Goodbye Richmond...Hello Portland!




2 comments: