Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day two: Haiku

So, today we started with a lecture on Form. Later on, we had alot of time to sketch and narrow in on what the essential features to our object are. We brainstormed with concept-mapping and yes, poetry. Here is my best...

Central Dogma contained in one little seed.
Ready to take root and give way to tree,
Blossoms fall and fruit develops,
making crazy green butter
You must not forget the seed
Unless you needn't care for another.

Okay, so I promise NOT to pursue a career in poetry. Not my strong suit. But, I think brainstorming might be? Here are some of the descriptive words I came up with for avocado (please feel free to comment and add more!):

Green
Smooth
Bumpy
Buttery
Protection
Heredity
Knowledge
Growth
Nourishment
Energy-efficient
Storage
Attraction
Tropical
Enclosed
Singularity
Code
NAtural
Wood Grain
Statement
Textural
Native
Spherical
Cultivated
Ripen
Perennial
Fertility
Fragile
Living

We had to choose four to narrow in on. Any guesses as to the four I chose? Well, you'll have to tune in to see which ones. I would post pictures of my work today, but unfortunately, I left my paper at school.

At the very end of the day we read aloud the assignment that we had brought completed on the first day- An Intellectual Biography. It was supposed to be about what lead us to the decision to attend Graduate school, what we want to get out of it and what we can contribute to the program and Design in general. So, I was the only one to read mine instead of just summarizing (I'm not good with summaries, I'll just leave out a bunch and fumble for words...) Uh, let's just say mine was WAYYYY more personal than the others and there were crickets.

Gotta put yourself out there right? I hope, anyway...otherwise I'm screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment