Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Research

I'm going to try to be better about posting daily.  I can't make any promises, but I will keep doing my best to post something everyday.  Keep checking back for details!  We just got a new studio project today designing a space for an ad agency.  Should be fun!  I've also been working very hard on my portfolio and internship applications.

Speaking of internships....

I want to do my internship in Portland because it really is the best place to learn about green design/ sustainability.  I've been applying to places, but unfortunately, I haven't heard back yet.  We'll keep our fingers crossed. 

On a brighter note,  I applied for a travel grant to conduct some research in Portland and I got part of a trip to Portland funded!  So, whether I get an internship or not, I will be visiting Portland and studying sustainability :)  I'm very happy about this opportunity.  I'm even more excited because my cousin lives there with his awesome wife and I'm going to finally get to see the house they completely reconstructed. 

(photo courtesy of canstock)

PORTLAND, HERE I COME!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Portland is a great place to research sustainability design. If you are able, head up to Seattle for a visit and I will show you around.

    I know Mike and Karen are going to love having you there in Portland. I'll have to go to Portland to hang out with you all, if you don't make it to Seattle. You are going to love the Northwest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know the above comment is mine. I was using a work gmail account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is so exciting! can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete