Friday, February 4, 2011

New Job

Just before the holidays I got a part-time job working at a high-end antique store that specializes in furniture, fabrics, and fine art.  I've been lucky enough to really come to love the job and all that it has to offer.  The owner of the store is great and so helpful to me as a student. 

The store has so many great pieces.  They range from 18th to 20th century and let's just say they aren't exactly in my price range.  However, I have fallen in love with a few gorgeous pieces.  There is this beautiful blanket chest from Prague (early 19th c.) that just screams buy me every time I'm at the store......a girl can dream, right?

Well, maybe I can't afford the pieces, but I can sure play around with designing a room around them!  I created a mood board on OlioBoard.com with the furniture, fabric and art items that I would choose to do a living room.  Hope you like it!  Stop by the store sometime to check it out!

4 comments:

  1. now that looks like way more fun than homework! great job Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that site will come in handy for my process book ;)
    PS: sam demands that you post pictures of that house we were at for history! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it coming M! This is great, Brianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brianne!
    L- The site is really awesome, but let me warn you...it will suck you in and you won't be able to stop!

    ReplyDelete