Sunday, September 12, 2010

Put it in Perspective

I think one of my favorite things we've done so far was really only meant as skillbuilder, but turned out to produce some pretty nice drawings. It got me back in the habit of drawing at least. The assignment was to choose 8 interior spaces and draw them, using line weight, composition, line qualtiy, construction AND NO PENCIL!
I know. It's crazy. No erasing, no redrawing. This puts things in a little bit of a different perspective because it makes your lines so much more important. You'll see in some (all) of my drawings that I haven't mastered the line on the first try.

So, without further ado, here are some of the drawings that came from the assignment.

VCU LIBRARY:


Torpedo Factory Art Center, Alexamdria, VA:

Boutique Hotel, Arlington, VA:


US Capitol:



VCU Brand Center:


VCU Brand Center:





VCU Paint, Printmaking and Sculpture Building:


The last three are of the Natural History Museum at the Smithsonian:




No comments:

Post a Comment