Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fall Semester Beginnings

Hello there! I'm so sorry to have this big 'ole gap in the middle of my blogging. I was getting on a role for a while and I just dropped off- BUT I have a good reason. Boy oh boy have they really piled it on during the first week of school! Back in the undergrad days we used to refer to that first week as "syllabus week" if any of you out there recall. Basically, it was still relax time because we didn't really do much and assignments weren't due for a while. Well, not so in the Masters world. They kicked us in the rear and put us to work!

I'm currently working on three projects and have already finished two. I'll talk about one of the projects in this post.

The project was designed with the intention of getting to know different materials used for modeling and figure out how best to join those materials. It was an exploration in curiousity and craftsmenship. We had to construct 18 boxes. Six had to be 4x4x4, six were 2x2x2 and the last six were 1x1x1. Of the six, one had to be chipboard, one museum board, corrugated cardboard, foamcore, recycled something, and basswood. One side of the box had to be hollow and the other side had to have a piece of plexiglass with a "glazed" treatment on it.

The glazing treatments are as follows:

transparent colorless



translucent colorless

transparent colored

translucent colored


patterned



graphic

So, again, sorry for the delay. I will try and keep up with my posting, but it seems having any sort of life outside the program is going to be tough. Hang in there with me though and check back in every now and then- I'll be SURE to post more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment