Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reupholstery Madness

What have I has Meg gotten myself me into?

So when my friend Meg suggested a little DIY "crafting" project, I thought "Fun!  It'll keep me busy over break."  Well, needless to say, that little "crafting" project turned out to be the single hardest DIY job on the market: REUPHOLSTERY.

So after considering my options (eating bon-bons on the sofa, Harry Potter marathon, going to the gym, etc.)  I decided we should tackle the project head on. 

Here are a few pictures of the demolition portion of the project (as far as I have gotten).  It was tedious work and my hands are all sorts of cut up, but it helped to have a killer playlist.  I'd like to share the playlist with you just in case you ever have the chance at some good demo work- this list will not disappoint.  (Although it may have slowed me down just a bit when I felt the need to use my phillips head as a microphone and go on a singing tangent or two....yes that's right....I AM the champion..)

There's a little new a little old.  Here it is:
I Ran (So Far Away)            A Flock of Seagulls
Eye of the Tiger                    Survivor
Gonna Make you Sweat       C+C Music Factory
We are the Champions         Queen
Love is a Battlefield               Pat Benatar
Little Lion Man                     Mumford and Sons
Shark in the Water                V.V. Brown
Dog Days are Over               Florence + the Machine
We R Who We R                 Ke$ha (guilty pleasure....I know)
Tron: Legacy Soundtrack      Daft Punk (yes, the whole thing.....)
Coming Home                      Diddy
Stereo Love                         Edward Maya and Vika Jigulina
Dragostea Din Tei                O-Zone

Here are some of the pictures of the chair.  I'll be sure to follow up with a post when its finished....as soon as I figure out HOW that is going to happen....













OUCH!

6 comments:

  1. I stand firm in believing that this will be a great DIY adventure once its done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yeah, working on my own chair reupholstery project right now... feel your pain. My hands looks like yours + blisters from painting the ENTIRE apartment.

    Is it weird that I am looking forward to the standard x-acto blade cuts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When was the last time you got a tetanus shot? HAHAHAHA!!! We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yessss!! a fab playlist. we need to start emailing each other songs again. i rage to little lion man everyday at work when i can't take the chatter around me anymore. can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my...I am about to embark on this Saturday :/ will be thinking of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I have to say I seriously did ask myself when my last tetanus shot was. Luckily, I'm in the clear....let's hope. Lee and Anna, good luck with your projects- I hope yours turns out easier than mine!
    Dana- Let's get back on the music sharing train. I'll email you soon with some great tunes (although come to think of it, they are mostly on my playlist...)
    Meg- We will see. I blame you. Haha just kidding :)

    ReplyDelete