Monday, January 24, 2011

Back to school, Back to school, To prove to Dad that I'm not a fool!

So I'm back to the grind.  I was really looking forward to having a regular schedule again and something to focus all my energy on.  I didn't realize that I was NOT ready to use my brain again.  I think it hurts....

Anyway, I wanted to share with you our first studio project.  We are supposed to design a space of luxury.  Whatever luxury means to us.  What does luxury mean to you? 

If I think beyond the obvious (you know, things I can't have, expensive fabrics, plush, etc.), the ability to travel is something I truly enjoy and I feel is a luxury.  So, my space will be an effort to transport you to another place.  The site for the 20'x20' space could be next to a dumpster, but inside you would still be transported to a place far far away.  That's the plan anyway....any suggestions?

So- What's luxurious to you?  If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

Somewhere like this?


Or somewhere like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment