Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Portland Art Museum

The Portland Art Museum was a quick stop, but a fun one.  Cuz, Karen, took me after finishes her working day to check out some contemporary art by some Portland artists.  They had a special exhibit featuring artists from Portland- which seemed perfect for me to check out on my adventure.

I hammed it up a bit with the pictures and I think Karen might have thought we would get in some trouble with taking so many pictures, but I was a rebel.  You can just call me Melinda Daredevil Harvey.  That's right.  Taking pictures.  Taking names.  Watch out.

In all seriousness, there's something about an art museum that makes me feel at home.  I am so inspired by art and the force that drives it- differing for every artist.  I once got a private tour in Chicago at the art museum and I discovered that for me, art means so much more when you know the story behind it. 

It didn't hurt that the space itself was designed beautifully.

Anyway here are some of the pictures from the exhibit:

Karen's Favorite





Love the skylights and cut outs in the walls


YIKES!  Love the style, not so sure about the subject.

Nice horsey.




Chihuly Glass Sculpture

Wool, Bronze and Cedar


Good inspiration to make some art...

No comments:

Post a Comment