Saturday, December 11, 2010

Update: Final Project

So Hell week is over and I'm very happy with the final product. I focused on capturing the light and framing it within the wall (below you can see the wall is angled so that at one moment during the day the shadows are framed as if they are artwork on the wall).


Along the opposite wall I wanted to do something that connected the closed in space to the rest of the space, so I chose to build out the wall and carry it into the open space:



In order to accomodate the mediation between open and closed (as part of the program given by our instructor) I created a small room. I didn't want the room to be completely blocked off though, so I angled the wall into the space and as the light wraps around the wall, the idea is it will invite you into the space.



Here is a look at those beams in the ceiling. This was a reaction to the angling of the sun as the day progesses.


I will post some drafts of the space and a rendered drawing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment