Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NEOCON EAST


Not too long ago I headed up to Baltimore with a few colleagues to the design trade show of the East coast- NEOCON! It was at the Baltimore Convention Center and it is packed full of vendors, and companies trying to advance their products. Here are a few of the things I saw while I was there:






Below is a picture of glass tiles that you can write on with markers. It's a great idea for office spaces and family "work centers" and it's still quite nice to look at because of the images on the tiles.







This chair was a little freaky to sit in- I wasn't sure what was going to happen when you sat in it....heck, I wasn't even sure what it was when I saw it!





Bu, no worries! It conformed exactly to my shape and was pretty comfy at that. I'm not sure I like the aesthetic, but maybe for a dorm room or something...




There was one big bus exhibiting cork in its different uses.



They had six vignettes set up with mock interiors that used cork- all of which were designed for the show by Candice Olsen! I love her!




The show was fun and I got alot of business cards- hopefully I will be able to use some of them to get some samples or make some connections! Another bonus was all the free giveaways I got- an aluminum water bottle, design magazines and loads and loads of bags! Everybody loves a freebie :)





No comments:

Post a Comment