Thursday, August 12, 2010

POWER TOOLS ROCK

Our final project for school is to create a place for daydreaming that incorporates our concept (mine is adaptation) on this balcony in our building. It's about 26' long and almost 11' wide. Here are some before pictures of the balcony:


The ceiling adds some dimension to the space because of the inset spaces that are created.


We were given the task of creating a to-scale model of the balcony, including the corridor behind the balcony. If you know me, you will know that I was very excited that we got to use some power tools! I gotta give credit to my two classmates that were in my group- we banged this baby out in a matter of only a few hours!


Here is the balcony without a roof:



Looking down on the space (plan):



The ceiling we created to fit over the balcony:


With the ceiling on as if you were looking down the corridor:


With the ceiling on and elevated:








Hope you like it! I will be posting pics of my designs as soon as I like them....which could be a while. But, I'll be sure to keep you entertained in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment